SleepRes V-Com Inspiratory Comfort for PAP Therapy
Making it easier for you to adjust to CPAP on their own Adding V̇-Com™ to your therapy is like adding Training Wheels for CPAP™. This simple device can mean the difference between you “giving up” or continuing your lifesaving PAP treatment.
Are you struggling with inhalation pressure as a first-time CPAP user? V-Com can help. V-Com attaches to your CPAP Mask and helps reduce the inhalation pressure to allow you to better tolerate therapy, but still maintain the required positive pressure at exhalation.
V-Com is really a game-changer PAP therapy accessory. It softens air pressure and reduces machine noise while simultaneously preserving expiratory positive airway pressure (EPAP) and all its key benefits. You’ll feel the effects from the first night and for years to come – patients that use V-Com are more likely to stick with their CPAP treatment long-term.
- WHAT DOES IT DO?: The V-Com by SleepRes is designed for new patients of noninvasive sleep circuits to become acclimated and comfortable with their new routine.
- YOUR TRAINING WHEELS: Improves early tolerance by providing you the initial comfort without compromising treatment.
- THE TRUE MAGIC: The V-Com effect is flow-dependent with its maximum comforting effect during the high inspiratory flows. As a result, V-Com has minimal effect on expiratory positive airway pressure.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?: Most people will develop tolerance to the peak flows and pressures of PAP therapy over a period of weeks or months, however, there's no need to remove it as it's designed to make your therapy more comfortable.
- COST EFFECTIVE TREATMENT: V-Com is a small price to pay for your adherence to a life-saving device.
Indications for use: This device is intended for single-patient use in noninvasive breathing circuits to provide comfort to patients struggling with peak inspiratory flow, particularly with nasal pillow-type interfaces.
Directions for use:
- Make sure the flow-generating device is turned off.
- Remove V̇-Com device from the package and place in the noninvasive breathing circuit between the hose from the flow-generating device and the patient interface (mask).
- Verify all fittings are secure before turning on the flow-generating device.
- Clean (or replace) V̇-Com device after each use or 24-hour period per instructions below.
- Once the patient develops tolerance, the V̇-Com device may be removed from the breathing circuit.
Single patient use. Do not attempt to sterilize. Use the cleaning instructions below. Before each use visually inspect the V̇-Com device to ensure the airflow path is not obstructed.
V̇-Com device may affect algorithms for auto-titration and respiratory event detection. To minimize this possibility, do not place the V̇-Com device in an active breathing circuit. First, turn the flow-generating device off, place V̇-Com device in the breathing circuit, and then turn the flow-generating device on. V̇-Com has not been tested in adaptive servo-ventilation breathing circuits.
Wash with soap (e.g., Liquid dish soap) and water inserting a small, bristled brush in both ends of the V̇-Com device to penetrate and clean the complete airflow path. Twist the brush several times. Rinse with clean water and let air dry. Inspect for any damage or residue. If seen, reclean or replace.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.